Thursday, June 10

PEBCAC postscript

Supposedly tech support people are challenged to identify the source of difficulties reported by customers. When the user is the cause then PEBCAC (or PEBKAC) summarizes the issue. Translation: Problem Exists Between Computer (or Keyboard) and Chair. Despite a previous posting about the delights of having gadgets that create few problems because of their familiarity, other issues persist that deserve the same label.

When the coffeemaker beeped signaling me (pure Pavlov!) to retrieve my first cup of the morning, I glanced at the pot before I began the pour. Apparently there can also be a PEBCAC that refers to the problem between the coffeemaker and the cup. Seems I forgot to spoon in the grounds so I ran 6 cups of water through a paper filter.

Rebooting.