Saturday, October 25

a whole lotta love

Since "love" was so prevalent in term and tone at Crossroads IV, I wondered how much love there was in my daily soundtrack. This was something I did a few days ago but the essay about a personal theme music obliged me to create this posting. On the one hand, I did find a lot of love. What remains unclear is whether that is typical.

I searched my iTunes library for songs including "love" in the title. I deleted the poems and Lyle Lovett -- except for his four titles that contained love. Grand total: 90. That is equal to 6 hours and 20 minutes of love. That'd be love for a long time. Not bad, I'd say. But in terms of my entire library, that's only 3%. Okay, a life that contains only three percent love hardly seems like a live worth living. Is that typical? I guess I've turned the question of love into an empirical study. I'll have to ask others. Meanwhile, other tallies:
  • 28 "heart" titles,
  • 12 "God" titles (I guess I'm a musical pantheist?),
  • 18 "angels" (4 orginating in Montgomery),
  • 11 "mind" titles,
  • 5 "hand" titles (dig the horns and bass line on Keep Your Hands to Yourself),
  • 8 "sugar" titles,
  • 6 "beers" (3 of which also include 1 bourbon and 1 scotch),
  • 57 "baby" titles,
  • and just the 1 "Lo Mein."

No comments: