Friday, July 18

connections

I was at a meeting including people from several different universities. In trying to distribute copies of curriculum materials (hundreds of pages in length), it became apparent that burning CDs for a dozen people was a losing battle. A large part of the struggle was that the materials were in progress and constantly being updated. Several folks had flash drives. And at one point, one guy held his laptop to his brain to indicate the need to transfer all of his thoughts to his laptop.

While there is very little likelihood I will ever get a tattoo, I did wonder what it would be like to have a USB port inked into my wrist or just behind my ear. I did not spend much time looking online, but the only example I found was this image. But it does not give the sense of a physical connection. I was imagining what looked like a port … and hot chicks would ask if they could download my thoughts onto their drive. Clearly my mind has been addled by two full days of curriculum meetings.

No comments: