Monday, May 25

small state university

The following song parody was performed at the last FARSE in San Francisco. The reason it is being posted now is that I just stumbled across the lyrics. I can still hear Juanita Jo laughing at the new lines.

Small State University (to the tune "Me and Bobby McGee")
Getting fat and sleeping good, I hardly use my brain.
All I wear to work are comfy jeans.
Most my ambition’s gone, it’s swirling down the drain.
My life’s someone else’s jealous dream.

My colleagues are real friendly and our students all are sweet
I’m set cause I’m not at a Research One
Teaching’s all I have to do and keep my desktop neat
A tenured prof’s life certainly is fun

Tenure’s just another word for nothin’ left to do.
Nothin’ means nothin’ now that I’m free
Getting tenure feels so great, Lord, yes I’ve paid my dues.
Where I’m at is good enough for me
At a small state university.

La-da-da La-da-da-da La-da-da da-da da-da
La-da-da da-la-da la-da, State University
La-da-la-da-la-da La-da-la-da-da
Small State University
La-da-da La-da-da La da-da La da-da
La-da-da La da-da La da-da

No comments: