Sunday, August 24

connectivity

It wasn't that walking to the public library during vacation to connect to the web was a vacation burden. But now that I'm at home and fully connected, I am reminded about the technology's benefits. Just now I made a discovery that is impossible to have imagined not so long ago. In fact, many years ago when I was helping a colleague move her apartment contents into storage for her sabbatical, I discovered that the building across the street was the Acme Company of Looney-Tunes fame. It never occurred to me to investigate how many products they manufacture. The web has revealed that nugget to me.
I confess being ignorant of the scope of Acme. I suspected they sold Rocket Powered Roller Skates. Perhaps others will share my amazement that they also had a Mexican lab. Further, they also produced matches and mouse snares. Their product line is truly amazing and I encourage others to uncover the marvels that bear the Acme label. Were I still secluded away in a cabin, while it's true that there would be left-over cups of lobster butter in the fridge, I would not know that there was even such a device as an Anti-Nightmare Machine.

No comments: